Do I Need a Child Care License?

Child Care centers are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services 651-296-3971.

Family child care progams are licensed by each county.

For more information on licensing regulations, contact 651-266-KIDS.

Most family, friend and neighbor caregivers are not required to be licensed by the state.